DeWitt Insurance Agency is associated with one of the largest benefits agencies in St. Louis, The Blue Chip Consortium. We are seeking to expand our agency to serve our growing client base, and to provide the right individual(s) the opportunity for personal and professional growth in their career. We focus on a positive culture, one that is guided by our values of communication, respect, trust, collaboration, and a personal growth mindset. Our mission is to positively impact our clients and community each day.
Position Summary – Essential Functions:
- The Client Service and Relationship Manager is responsible for professional service to clients. This involves day-to-day account management of a book of business, which currently consists of employer group accounts (mostly under 100 lives) and Medicare clients.
- Build and solidify relationships with new and existing clients by providing exceptional ongoing care.
- Develop rapport and a positive working relationship with our insurance carriers and their representatives
- Effectively navigate insurance carrier websites and quickly adopt/implement new technology changes and enhancements. Must be proficient in usage of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM system(s).
- Work with our insurance broker/advisor to properly submit Requests for Proposals to insurance carriers, organize and compare proposals received, and work with the client to submit sold account documents to the appropriate carrier in a timely manner
- In addition to possessing our agency’s core values of communication, respect, trust, collaboration, and a personal growth mindset, personal skills must also include:
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong work ethic and be reliable, trustworthy and dependable
- Time management skills
- Highly organized and detailed – Be able to prioritize work requirements
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills – work in self-directed manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Attend periodic seminars/webinars and participation in insurance community activities
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Employee Benefit Insurance and Medicare Insurance experience preferred but not required.
- A commitment to continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Life/Health producer licensed required – We will assist if not currently licensed.