- This event has passed.
How to Connect Life Insurance and Estate Planning
November 9 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 am
Everything You Need to Know to Connect the Two
Join the NABIP St. Louis Chapter for an in-person seminar or online on Thursday, November 9, at The Lodge of Des Peres.
Our keynote speaker is Robert W. Miller of Miller & Roberts, LLC, in St. Louis.
The presentation will focus on the importance of insurance in estate planning.
This course will cover:
- How to avoid the probate process
- Review basic estate planning documents
- Review fundamentals of revocable and irrevocable trust agreements
- Life insurance funding of trusts and distribution to trust beneficiaries
- Use of irrevocable trusts for estate tax savings
- Life insurance in the equalization of distributions from estate plans
- Use of life insurance in blended family situations
- Long-term care insurance and its value in Medicaid planning
- Medicaid-eligible annuities to establish Medicaid eligibility
Advanced registration is required for this hybrid event.
Note: Hot breakfast will be served at this meeting.
About the Speaker
Robert W. Miller is the managing member of Miller & Roberts, LLC. The firm has offices in Kirkwood and O’Fallon, Missouri.
Bob’s law practice is concentrated in estate planning, including probate and trust administration, elder law, and real estate. He graduated from Westminster College in Fulton, Mo., and earned his Juris Doctorate at the University of Missouri Law School in Columbia.